Because of it's natural beauty, rolling hills and ever-changing views, the Lake Champlain basin is a course designers dream, and is home to some of the most scenic golf courses in the country. With the tranquil surroundings and relatively flat land of the banana belt of Vermont, you will not need to fight the terrain or the crowds. It's a short season
They don't call them the Green Mountains for nothing. There is every color of green, greens you've never seen. Because of our steady rainfall throughout the summer, the courses glow green, a fact our California guests find unusual.
Courses recommended by owner:
Mt. Philo is within 1 hour of 20 golf courses
Public courses, personally recommended:
- Kwiniaska Golf Course, Shelburne 15 min.
- Basin Harbor Club, Panton, 30 min *authors home course.
- Ralph Myhre golf course, Middlebury, 50 min
- Williston Golf course, 30 min
- Ceder Knoll 20 min
- Vermont National Country Club 20 min
- Country Club of Waterbury 45 min
- Neshobe Country Club, Brandon 50 min
- Proctor-Pittsford Country Club, 60 min
- Green Mountain National, Killington 75 min
- Killington, Killington, 75 min.
- Burlington Country Club. Figure it out
- Rutland Country CLub