Cross Country skiing from the Mt. Philo Inn
Our original Carriage Road leads directly to Mt. Philo State Park, where the Vermont Association of Snow Travelers maintains a snowmobile trail! Impeccably groomed, from here you can ski or ride anywhere in the state. Mt. Philo itself offers skiers an energetic run up and and fun ride down. A great training run, with glade skiing through the maples and on the North slope!.
Local Cross Country ski areas
- Catamount Outdoor Center, 40 min
- Sleepy Hollow, 20 min
- Rikert Touring Center, 35 min
- Trapp Family Lodge, 60 min
Mt. Philo is approximately 1 hour from a variety of extraordinarily great downhill ski areas:
- Mad River Glen Resort Ski Area, 50 min.
- Bolton Valley Ski Area, 50 min
- Middlebury Snow Bowl, 50 min
- Cochran's, 45 min.
- Sugarbush Resort & Ski Area, 1 hr, 15 min
- Stowe Mountain Resort & Ski Area 1 hr, 15 min
- Smuggler's Notch Resort & Ski Area 1 hr, 15 min
- Pico 1 hr, 15 min
- Killington 1 hr, 15 min
- Jay Peak Resort & Ski Area, 1 hr, 15 min